Crown entities and other bodies - guidance
Information on the governance and monitoring of Crown entities and other government boards and bodies.
Update 27 March 2014: Resource for Preparation of Governance Manuals - Guidance for Statutory Crown Entities (excluding DHBs and Corporations Sole), first published in 2009, has been updated to reflect changes made to State sector legislation in 2013.
Update 27 February 2014: Induction material for Crown entity board members, first published in 2008, has been updated to reflect changes made to State sector legislation in 2013.
Update 19 December 2013: Treasury has arranged for Massey University and experienced Crown directors to deliver courses specifically designed for Crown directors on topical issues at reasonable cost. The 2014 calendar of courses for Crown directors and details of a 2-day governance 'primer' programme are now available. Board members of Crown entities are welcome to participate. See details: 2014 calendar of courses for Crown directors and 2-day governance 'primer' programme.
Information for Statutory Crown Entities only
- Crown Entities Act
- Fiscal information
- Minister's role
- Monitoring department's role
- Strategic Intentions and Statements of Intent (Treasury website)
- Annual Statement of Performance Expectations (Treasury website)
Information for Statutory Crown Entities and other bodies
- Board Appointment and Induction Guidelines
- Induction material (Updated February 2014)
- Cabinet Fees Framework (See Fees and Allowances section on this site under 'Our Work')
- Remuneration Authority - role of, and contact information
- Chief Exec. Model Employment Agreements
- Integrity and Conduct
- Government databases for potential board appointees (see attached PDF file in the Resources section of this page)
- Measuring performance and effectiveness for Māori: Key themes from the literature (TPK website). This report from Te Puni Kokiri highlights the key themes of the literature on measuring and reporting on the performance of government services in relation to Māori (or other indigenous people).