Public Service Chief Executives - our role
The State Services Commissioner is the employer of New Zealand Public Service chief executives. This section explains that role.
A high performing Public Service is dependent on high performing chief executives. The State Services Commissioner seeks to appoint and develop chief executives who can exercise effective sector and system leadership as well as lead their agencies. The short video below describes the appointment process.
You can find more information on our website about:
- How Public Service chief executives are recruited and appointed
- The current Public Service chief executives
- Approach to Public Sector Executive Management
- Senior Pay Report Including Disclosure of Chief Executive Remuneration
- The disclosure of chief executive expenses
- More information about how executive pay is set in the State Services, and how the pay rates compare with between sectors
- Find out more about how SSC drives high performance from Public Service