Branch Roles and Responsibilities
Deputy Commissioner Teams
The four Deputy Commissioner teams are:
- centres of excellence on matters related to Public Service department design, strategy, capability and performance; and
- lead the performance management (within the framework of the State Sector Act and the Public Finance Act) of chief executives.
Chief Executives Branch
The branch maintains core expertise in support services for Public Service chief executive selection and appointment, and manages terms and conditions of employment. They are:
- a centre of excellence on matters relating to the leadership of Public Service departments, including competency profiling, assessment and selection, career development, job evaluation and performance pay, and senior leadership and management development;
- a provider of internal human resource consultancy services to other branches of the Commission, especially the Deputy Commissioners;
- advisors on terms and conditions of employment of Crown entity chief executives and administer the fees framework for Crown entities and advisory bodies.
The branch has expertise in:
- strategic machinery of government;
- strategic human resources, employment relations and equal employment opportunities; and
- values and ethics
in order to:
- be a centre of excellence and leadership in strategic human resources, public management systems and Public Service culture; and
- provide high quality thinking and analysis to both the Government and internally.
This unit is focused on:
- being a centre of excellence on all matters related to the way in which technology can deliver better government; and
- leading the New Zealand E-government Strategy.
This important service:
- supports the Commissioner in the exercise of his statutory functions; and
- will strengthen its role in providing proactive whole-of-government advice.
Corporate Services Branch
The Branch is:
- a centre of excellence in business planning, financial management, information services and human resource services for the Commission; and
- supports the business of the Commission with cost effective and responsive service.