Areas to probe
4.1 Is the project under control?
· Project running to schedule and cost within budget
· Recommendations from last Gateway Review actioned.
4.2 What caused any deviation, such as over and under-runs?
· Reconciliations set against budget and time plan.
4.3 What actions are necessary to prevent deviations recurring in other phases?
· Analysis and plans documented in project documentation that is continually updated and reviewed.
4.4 Have all the assumptions from Gateway Reviews 1 and 2 been validated?
· Validation of all assumptions. Any that cannot be validated are being examined; appear in the risk register/issue management log; are assessed and discussed with potential suppliers and partners
· Documentation of any new assumptions.
4.5 Have all the required organisational procurement and technical checks been carried out?
· Bid management review and approval processes
· Compliance with Ministry of Economic Development (MED) Government Electronic Tender Service (GETS) guidance and Controller and Auditor-General Statement of Good Practice
· The evaluation strategy, underpinning models and criteria have been followed
· Demonstration of compliance with statutory requirements, (e.g. planning, building regulations).
4.6 Did the Project Team follow the planned steps in the delivery strategy?
· Documented information confirms that the activities and processes in the delivery strategy and plan have been followed.
4.7 Were the documents subject to quality review?
· Quality review documentation.