Core State sector legislation [archived]
- Title page
- Crown Entities Act 2004 and Amendment Act 2013
- Human Rights Act 1993
- NZ Bill of Rights Act 1990
- Official Information Act 1982
- Protected Disclosures Act 2000
- Public Finance Act 1989 and Amendment Act 2013
- Public Records Act 2005
- State-Owned Enterprises Act 1986
- State Sector Act 1988 and Amendment Act 2013
- State Sector and Crown Entities Reform Bill
1 May 2018: The Government announced in January 2018 that the Better Public Services programme would not continue in this form. These pages have been archived.
This page lists the core legislation applying to the State sector organisations published on the web page New Zealand's State sector- the organisations.
Included are amendments to the State Sector, Public Finance, and Crown Entities Acts, which came into force on 18 July 2013.
Legislative amendments 2013
Amendments have been made to the State Sector, Public Finance, and Crown Entities Acts to enable the biggest transformation of the State Sector in a generation. These amendments introduce a broader range of tools to be used by the State Sector to help that transformation happen.
Use the Contents list on the left of this page to read a summary of each Act, including recent amendments - legislative changes. And the updated/reprinted State Sector Act as at 2013.
- State Sector Act 1988 - Explanation of Amendments in 2013
- State Sector Amendment Act 2013:
- Public Finance Amendment Act 2013:
- Crown Entities Amendment Act 2013:
State Sector, Public Finance and Crown Entities Acts (updated/reprinted as at 2013):
- State Sector Act 2013 (update/reprint as at 1 July 2013 due out shortly):
- Public Finance Act 2013 (update/reprint as at 1 July 2013 due out shortly):
- Crown Entities Act 2013 (update/reprint as at 18 July 2013 due out shortly):
See also: Transforming the State Sector